IFOAM is sending a strong team lead by IFOAM Vice President, Andre Leu and IFOAMs Latin America representative, Patricia Flores and with expert support from regional organic experts and activists. IFOAM is bringing Dr. Hans Herren (IAASTD Co-Chair) and World Food Prize Laureate to Cancun to put IAASTD recommandations at the forefront of the agricultural climate policy debate.
KEY MESSAGES / OBJECTIVE
· IFOAM’s main message at Cancun will be ‘Not Just Carbon’ which will raise our concerns that climate policies run the risk of inadvertently causing more harm than good if they put carbon ahead of the food security and livelihoods of the small producers.
· Push for the recommendations from the World Agriculture Report (IAASTD) to be adopted by Parties in the development of agriculture related climate policies.
· Raise awareness of the high sequestration; low emission and food secure farming benefits of Organic Agriculture in any technology related discussions at CoP16.
· IFOAM exhibition stand.
· Side event in conjunction with lobby partner (IATP).
· Strategic sessions with delegates and lobbying.
Participation in Agriculture and Rural Development Dayon Dec 4th.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, Cancun, Mexico 29th Nov to the 10th Dec 2010
Live from Cancun - a dialogue session with IAASTD Co-Chair Hans Herren and the IFOAM delegation.
IFOAM & IATP Official Side Event at CoP16 in Cancun
UN Right to Food urges urgent shift to ecological based farming to tackle climate change & hunger
The potential impact of a climate agreement on food security, right to food & climate change
Bolivia calls the Developed World to Account in Cancun
Cancun Climate Talks Overview by IATP
NEW! Review of key elements of negotiations by TWN
Google Map of Key Agriculture Related Climate Events in Cancun