ApiOrganica Symposium - 3rd World Symposium of Organic Beekeeping
Why ApiOrganica Symposium...
Bees are amongst the most effective bio indicators to assess environmental sustainability linked to farming practices.
The loss and degradation of biodiversity, the devastating impact of industrial agriculture, the widespread use of harmful chemicals are the main and indisputable causes of the decline of bees' survival and production capacity.
Beekeepers claim and support the need to implement a different, sensible and sustainable way of producing food.
To safeguard bee colony health, the importance of techniques based on the biological cycle of host / parasite, together with a strategic assessment of contamination not just of hive products, but of all bee products (wax, propolis, etc.), are being increasingly acknowledged every day.
The ApiOrganica - ApiBio Symposium aims at giving an answer to complex and important questions:
- Is organic beekeeping, and organic farming in general, distinguished from conventional practices primarily by its breeding and health management techniques, or is it the whole environment which is really crucial?
- Which are the aspects that substantially differentiate the organic management of bees' health in the fight against Varroa and other brood diseases?
- Are current legislation (especially the EU one) and organic beekeeping certification procedures adequate, or can they be improved?
- What future shall we expect for the marketing of organic bee products and which are the opportunities for developing countries?
- The Symposium is expected to be the opportunity to identify joint proposals that will lead us to a shared and final position on such issues.
Please visit the ApiOrganica website for the symposium program, registration and other details.