8th European Organic Congress: 7 hours dedicated to discussion
Register for the 8th European Organic Congress and join the European organic stakeholders in Bari to discuss Rural Development Programmes under the new CAP, the agricultural European Innovation Partnership and the Organic Regulation review. Find more details in the (almost final) programme.
The Congress will encourage active involvement of the participants – around 7 hours of total time is dedicated to open discussions. A great opportunity for you to provide input which will be used for organic advocacy work of IFOAM EU in Brussels!
Use the opportunity to listen to speeches of and to pose questions to high-level speakers such as:
- Maurizio Martina, Italian Minister of Agriculture
- Paolo De Castro, European Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development
- Marc Duponcel, European Commission, DG Agriculture and Rural Development
- Risto Artjoki, State Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Finland
- Emilio Gatto, General Director for Food Quality Promotion, Italian Ministry of Agriculture
The conferences will be concluded by networking opportunity at a special dinner at the organic farm Masseria Chinunno featuring local vegetarian food and dairy delicacies and a cooking workshop led by local chefs.
The last day of the 8th European Organic Congress is reserved for an excursion organised by a local action group GAL Terre di Murgia and includes:
- A visit to an organic farm
- Optional do-it-yourself activities (such as pasta making and milking cows)
- Lunch and dinner
We also highly recommend taking the opportunity fur further relaxation in Italy and prolonging the stay for the Organic Weekend. More information here.