AgriBioMediterraneo (ABM) was established as a regional initiative in Vignola, Italy, 1990. It received recognition as an official IFOAM Regional Group in 1997. AgriBioMediteranneo includes 146 IFOAM Affiliates from three continents and 16 Mediterranean countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo has two major aims:
- to promote, develop and disseminate information, knowledge and expertise related to Mediterranean Organic Agriculture and food production.
- the connection between Organic Agriculture and Sustainable development.
ABM spearheads initiatives specifically targeted towards Mediterranean Organic Agriculture issues. To maximize its efforts, ABM has founded four working groups on the following topics:
- Research and Development
- Standards and Certification
Special emphasis is given to development of organic oliveculture, viticulture, citrus and Mediterranean fruits, arable crops and livestock, as well as development of local markets, regional standards and AgriBioTourism.
IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo invites you to its 7th General Assembly (GA) with Elections of the 7th ABM Regional Board and the Permanent Secretariat.
During the General Assembly that took place on 12 October 2014 in the framework of the IFOAM OWC in Istanbul. The new ABM Regional Board composition is as follows:
- Charikleia Minotou (Greece)
- Drazen Lusic, Vice President (Croatia)
- Paola Migliorini, Vice President (Italy)
- Karen Hoberg, Training Working Group Coordinator (Spain)
- Konstantinos Dimitriadis, Standards & Certification WG Coordinator (Greece)
- Onn Chen, Market Working Group Coordinator (Israel)
- Xhevaire Dulja, Research & Development WG Coordinator (Albania)
- Bahaa Mostafa Awad (Egypt)
- AIAB Emilia Romagna/ Municipality of Vignola (Italy)
Contact: agribiomediterraneo.ifoam [at] gmail.com