AgriBioMediterraneo (ABM) was established as a regional initiative in Vignola, Italy, 1990. It received recognition as an official IFOAM Regional Group in 1997. AgriBioMediteranneo includes 146 IFOAM Affiliates from three continents and 16 Mediterranean countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo has two major aims:
- to promote, develop and disseminate information, knowledge and expertise related to Mediterranean Organic Agriculture and food production.
- the connection between Organic Agriculture and Sustainable development.
ABM spearheads initiatives specifically targeted towards Mediterranean Organic Agriculture issues. To maximize its efforts, ABM has founded four working groups on the following topics:
- Research and Development
- Standards and Certification
Special emphasis is given to development of organic oliveculture, viticulture, citrus and Mediterranean fruits, arable crops and livestock, as well as development of local markets, regional standards and AgriBioTourism.
Bologna, September 8th-11th, 2017, SANA, the 29th international exhibition of organic and natural products
On September 8th-11th, 2017, Bologna will be hosting SANA, the 29th international exhibition of organic and natural products.
On this occasion, IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo, together with the Organic Action Network Italia, has organized a conference on Organic 3.0 and Best Practice Case Studies from the Mediterranean. The event will be held on September 11th, from 10am to 1pm, at Notturno Room, Service Center, SectorD.
The full program looks as folows:
Feel free to share it within your networks!
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Vignola 2015, International Conference “Agroecology for Organic Agriculture in the Mediterranean”
This Year IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo is celebrating its 25 years (1990 - 2015) and invites you to attend the International Conference “Agroecology for Organic Agriculture in the Mediterranean” at the Vignola Castle in Vignola, Italy, September 11 - 12 2015 and will end Sunday, September 13, 2015, at the Fiera Sana in Bologna. For more information please press here.
Organic Farming and Eco-Agritourism International conference with the exhibition of organic products and presentation of achievements in the area of innovation and patents in organic farming and development opportunities of eco-agritourism
Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia 19-22 October 2015
During the General Assembly that took place on 12 October 2014 in the framework of the IFOAM OWC in Istanbul. The new ABM Regional Board composition is as follows:
- Charikleia Minotou (Greece)
- Drazen Lusic, Vice President (Croatia)
- Paola Migliorini, Vice President (Italy)
Working Group Coordinators
- Karen Hoberg, Training Working Group Coordinator (Spain)
- Konstantinos Dimitriadis, Standards & Certification WG Coordinator (Greece)
- Onn Chen, Market Working Group Coordinator (Israel)
- Xhevaire Dulja, Research & Development WG Coordinator (Albania)
- Bahaa Mostafa Awad (Egypt)
- AIAB Emilia Romagna - Antonio Compagnoni c/o Casale Della Mora via Tavoni 20, 41058 Vignola [MO] Italy
Contact: secretariat [at] abm.ifoam.bio
More information about IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo you find on the newly created website abm.ifoam.bio