IFOAM Euro-Asia is the regional alliance of the Euro-Asian organic movements aimed at assuring the organic food and farming in their respective states.
IFOAM Euro-Asia’s main goal is to create a single organic market in the Euro-Asian region and organic cooperation.
IFOAM Euro-Asia creates proper conditions for the organic movement growth in the participating countries using the principles and experience of IFOAM.
Preservation and development of bio-cultural diversity through the effective implementation of the principles of the organic movement.
- To make the principles of organic farming regulating the agrarian sector and provisioned in the educational system;
- To build strong organic management responding to recent environmental and food security challenges by strengthening capacity of organic leaders at the IFOAM Organic Leadership Academy;
- To develop and adopt a set of harmonized organic standards adaptable to all member countries;
- To promote the alliance’s organic development interests at regional and international levels;
- Introducing and implementing joint organic regional projects and programs;
- Conduct training and exchange of experience for national trainers;
- Training for national certification agencies and helping to develop national certification bodies;
- Assistance in the preparation of national legislation;
- Assist in conducting research (training guidelines) for all stages of organic production;
The IFOAM Euro-Asia is open to all entities and individuals interested in Organic Agriculture from the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and other Russian speaking countries.
- Set up a platform to exchange experiences
- Meetings of network members: (1) during the IFOAM OWC, October 2014, (2) during Organic Forum, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, November 2014 to discuss and agree on strategic pillars
- Coordination of activities on organic standard development for Central Asian countries
- Development of a strategy on attracting new IFOAM members
- Activities to attract funds to support the Organic Leadership Course (OLC) for Russian speaking stakeholders
- Iskenderbek Aidaraliev, President of Bio-KG Federation of Organic Development, Kyrgyzstan, e-mail: aidaraliev.i [at] gmail.com,
- Evgeniy Klimov, President of Fund for Integration of Ecological Culture (FIEC), Kazakhstan, e-mail: fiec [at] mail.ru,
- Elshad Rzayev, Business Consultant at Ganja Agribusiness Association (GABA), Azerbaijan
- Beso Kalandadze, Director of Ecological Farming Association of Georgia (SEMA), Georgia, e-mail: ecosema [at] gmail.com,
- Irina Sardarova, Consultant at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, Russia
- Maksud Buzrukov, Director of Public Union - Center of Development of Organic Production SAS Organic, Tajikistan, e-mail: mbuzrukov [at] sas.tj,
- Eugene Milovanov, President of Organic Federation of Ukraine, Ukraine, e-mail: ofu [at] organic.com.ua,
- Nune Darbinyan, Director General of Ecoglobe, LLC, Armenia, e-mail: nuneemil [at] yahoo.com,
- Viorel Gherciu, President of ProRuralInvest, Moldova, e-mail: vgherciu [at] gmail.com,
- Kubondik Hotamov, Uzbekistan
- Natalia Porechina, Representative of the Center for Environmental Solutions, Belarus, e-mail: vinograd [at] tut.by.
Location: The regional office is to be located in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
Address: Abrakhmanov Str. 9, Jalal- Abad
Contact: Aidaraliev Iskender, President, email: info [at] euro-asia.ifoam.org