TIPI’s mission is to foster international collaboration in Organic Agriculture research. The first TIPI Member Assembly was held on February 15, 2013, at BioFach in Nuremberg, Germany.
In facilitating the exchange of scientific knowledge on organic food and farming systems, TIPI is committed to engaging all stakeholders who benefit from Organic Agriculture research. TIPI also helps practitioners disseminate, apply and implement innovations and scientific knowledge consistent with the principles of Organic Agriculture.
TIPI further aims to:
- enable IFOAM policies to be based on sound scientific findings
- establish research priorities and strategies with various stakeholder organizations in IFOAM
- enhance the sustainability of all agriculture based on the principles of Organic Agriculture
- build capacity and mobilize partnerships to assist small-scale producers in developing countries
- advocate for increased funding in organic research and innovation
- represent IFOAM members involved in organic research
You can find more information about TIPI here.
TIPI Workshop at the ORGANIC WORLD CONGRESS - Practitioners’ Research Agenda
As a pre-conference of the Organic World Congress 2014, the Technology Innovation Platform of IFOAM TIPI were held the workshop Practitioners Research Agenda. The TIPI workshop took place on October 12, 2014 at Yeditepe University in Istanbul.
During this event, TIPI’s research vision and agenda were discussed and advanced by representatives of the organic sector and especially through direct contribution of organic farmers representing the 5 continents (Africa, Asia, Latin America, North America, and Oceania). For more information please check our webpage.
Members of the TIPI Council:
- President: Dr. Urs Niggli, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Switzerland
- Vice President: Dr. Dora Drexler, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture ÖMKI, Hungary
- Vice President: Brian Baker, USA
- Coordinator: Dr. Helga Willer, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Switzerland
- Dr. Andrew Hammermeister, Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada, Canada
- Eduardo Cuoco, Technology Platform for Organic Farming Research (TP Organics), Belgium
- Gabriela Soto, National University of Costa Rica
- Prof. Dr. Gerold Rahmann, Thünen Institute, Germany
- Dr. Mohammadreza Rezapanah, Centre of Excellence for Organic Agriculture (CEOA), IRAN
- Dr. Nazim Uddin, Bangladesh Organic Agriculture Network (BOAN), Bangladesh
- Dr. Tanveer Hossain, Friends In Village Development Bangladesh, Bangladesh
Members of the TIPI board, from left to right: Prof. Dr. Uygun Aksoy, Prof. Dr. Urs Niggli, Dr. Helga Willer, Prof. Dr. Nicolas Lampkin, Gabriela Soto.