IFOAM is the only organization advocating for Organic Agriculture at the international level. We closely monitor all food and agriculture related international policy making processes. Our core campaigns are related to:
- Food Security
- Climate Change
- Ecological Intesification
- Family Farming
- The Organic Alternative for Africa (TOFA)
- Say No to GMO
Download our advocacy brochure for
an overview of our pillar activities.
IFOAM Organic Ambassadors
We are keen to build a strong and influential network of Organic Ambassadors who have the passion and the talent to inspire, who are involved in a strong professional policy network and who have the ability to influence and reach out to key personalities and significant audiences beyond their national borders, promoting organic values internationally.We are proud to announce that several organic advocates officially became part of this network during the ceremony at the IFOAM General Assembly on 17 October 2014. Learn more about the IFOAM Organic Ambassadors.
Watch IFOAM in Action
“We are in great need of capacity building and training opportunities to help smallholder farmers create high yielding organic ecological systems that can take them out of food insecurity and put them into prosperity.”
-President Andre Leu, speaking at the FAO Agroeology Symposium
- Press release: IFOAM urges for climate agreement to be set in Paris 2015. Find out more.
- IFOAM organizes COP20 side event: Building Resilience to Climate Change and Managing Disaster Risks through Sustainable Agriculture. Find out more.
- IFOAM and SOCLA release publication on the role of ecological farming in mitigating climate change. Find out more.
- IFOAM supports the UN Zero Hunger Challenge. Find out more.