AgriBioMediterraneo (ABM) was established as a regional initiative in Vignola, Italy, 1990. It received recognition as an official IFOAM Regional Group in 1997. AgriBioMediteranneo includes 146 IFOAM Affiliates from three continents and 16 Mediterranean countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia & Montenegro, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo has two major aims:
- to promote, develop and disseminate information, knowledge and expertise related to Mediterranean Organic Agriculture and food production.
- the connection between Organic Agriculture and Sustainable development.
ABM spearheads initiatives specifically targeted towards Mediterranean Organic Agriculture issues. To maximize its efforts, ABM has founded four working groups on the following topics:
- Research and Development
- Standards and Certification
Special emphasis is given to development of organic oliveculture, viticulture, citrus and Mediterranean fruits, arable crops and livestock, as well as development of local markets, regional standards and AgriBioTourism.
This Year IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo is celebrating its 25 years (1990 - 2015) and invites you to attend the International Conference “Agroecology for Organic Agriculture in the Mediterranean” at the Vignola Castle in Vignola, Italy, September 11 - 12 2015.
The deadline for submissions of papers and early bird registrations has been extended to July 15, 2015. Find more details and updates on the conference here.
During the General Assembly that took place on 12 October 2014 in the framework of the IFOAM OWC in Istanbul. The new ABM Regional Board composition is as follows:
- Charikleia Minotou (Greece)
- Drazen Lusic, Vice President (Croatia)
- Paola Migliorini, Vice President (Italy)
Working Group Coordinators
- Karen Hoberg, Training Working Group Coordinator (Spain)
- Konstantinos Dimitriadis, Standards & Certification WG Coordinator (Greece)
- Onn Chen, Market Working Group Coordinator (Israel)
- Xhevaire Dulja, Research & Development WG Coordinator (Albania)
- Bahaa Mostafa Awad (Egypt)
- AIAB Emilia Romagna - Antonio Compagnoni c/o Casale Della Mora via Tavoni 20, 41058 Vignola [MO] Italy
Contact: secretariat [at] abm.ifoam.bio
More information about IFOAM AgriBioMediterraneo you find on the newly created website abm.ifoam.bio