Contact Nomination Committee Members
The Nomination Committee (NC) works to ensure sufficient candidacies from people with a diverse background for the IFOAM – Organics International World Board. The World Board election is scheduled for the General Assembly in France, September 26 & 27, 2020.
The main tasks of the Nomination Committee are:
- To actively identify suitable candidates and encourage them to submit their candidacies;
- To facilitate an unbiased presentation of skills and positions of candidates.
In order to fulfil its tasks the Nomination Committee will:
- Contact the existing World Board members to explore their interest to stand for another election and their recommendations for new candidates;
- Contact recognized the Self-organized Structures of IFOAM – Organics International to seek their recommendations for candidates;
- Contact individuals who have been recommended by others or identified by the Nomination Committee itself to verify their interest in running for the World Board;
- Strive for a balanced constitution of the World Board in terms of background, geographical representation and gender;
- Work under strictest confidentiality.
The assignment started in May 2019 and will end with the application of the World Board candidates by May 2020.
The NC 2019 members:
Andre Leu, Australia - former President of IFOAM - Organics International - NC chair
Mahesh Chander, India - Member of Standards Committee as also the Standard Requirements Committee, Nomination Committee in 2014
George Muigai, Kenya - currently working with Deutsche Welthungerhilfe (EU funded project) as a technical Advisor, Sustainability, Certification and Digital traceability
Sundeep Kamath, India - IFOAM Asia Board Member
Marian Blom, Netherlands - IFOAM EU Vice President
M. Reza Ardakani, Iran - Director of IFOAM Iran
Drazen Lusic, Croatia - President of IFOAM AgroBioMediterraneo
To contact the NC please use the form below: