3rd Organic Farming Innovation Award (OFIA) Summit
The 3rd Organic Farming Innovation Award (OFIA) Summit was held on October 3, 2015, during the Regional Conference on Marketing & Innovation in Organic Farming held October 2-3, 2015 at the Organic Expo in Goesan County, Chungbuk Province of South Korea.
The Summit will have the thematic focus on System Innovations in the Organic Agriculture sector. The keynote speakers will present concrete case studies highlighting large scale, system level innovations from Africa, Asia and Europe with impressive uptake.
The speakers are
- Dr. Yong-Ki Kim: The Organic Research and Technology System in Korea
- Shinji Hashimoto: The innovation culture in the Teikei system
- Keum-Soon Kwak: Innovating consumers’ behavior for health and sustainability
- Michele Maccari: Value chain building for poverty alleviation: An African case study
- Dr. S. T. Hossain: Innovation priorities to increase productivity in organic South Asia
To register, please click here
The summit declaration can be found here.
The Organic Farming Innovation Award (OFIA) is the prize of the Organic Movement to highlight organic innovations of scientists, extension agents and practitioners. Once every three years, at the IFOAM Organic World Congress (OWC), the Rural Development Administration (RDA) of the Republic of Korea, IFOAM - Organics International and IFOAM Technology Innovation Platform (TIPI) award great organic innovations and their discoverers. By highlighting the innovations, OFIA wants to motivate innovations and to boost their uptake.