African Organic Conference
First Announcement and Call for Partners / Collaborators
The African Organic Conference (AOC) is an initiative of the African Organic Network (AfrONet). It is convened every three years as a stakeholder's platform, for sharing knowledge, experiences and views on various issues of concern in organic and ecological agriculture. The first AOC was held in Uganda, Kampala from 5th-9th May 2009, the second in Lusaka, Zambia from 2nd-4th May 2012 and third at Lagos, Nigeria, in October 5-8, 2015.The 4th African Organic Conference (4th AOC) will take place in Senegal from November 5 - 8, 2018.
The conference aims to:
- Showcase the potential of organic agriculture in transformation of national and continental economy through income growth, climate change adaptation, food sovereignty and trade.
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge, information, experiences and skills among all stakeholders in the organic sector.
- Explore partnerships and cooperation opportunities for the implementation of the African Ecological Organic Agriculture Action Plan, which aims at mainstreaming Ecological Organic Agriculture into national and continental agricultural production systems in Africa by 2025
- Encourage the uptake of organic alternatives through southsouth collaboration, especially, in the sharing of experiences-
- Strengthen the sub-regional bodies of Afronet (West, center, Eastern, Southern) - Exchange on the potential contribution of EOA to the realization of the objectives of the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
Contacts: General Conference email: conference [at] afronet.bio and cnopcameroun [at] yahoo.fr
Partners: West Africa Organic Network, Southern Africa Network for Organic Agriculture Development, East African Network for Organic Agriculture, Regional Platform of Farmer’s Organizations in Central Africa.