First International Conference on Agroecology
First International Conference on Agroecology: Transforming Agriculture and Food Systems in Africa
Reducing Synthetic Fertilizers and Pesticides by Scaling Up Agroecology and Promoting Ecological Organic Trade
Location: Nairobi, Kenya at the Safari Park Hotel & Casino
Dates: June 18-21, 2019 (the field trip will take place on June 21, 2019)
Organizers: Biovision Africa Trust, Ecological Organic Agriculture (EOA), The World Food Preservation Center, IFOAM - Organics International
- Reducing Synthetics (Pesticide Use): The Effects, Impacts and Need for Change,
- Scaling up Agroecology (Frameworks, Practices, Policies, Resilience of Systems, Ecosystem Services),
- Promoting Organic Agriculture (Economy, Value Chains, Standards and Certification Schemes, Stimulation of Markets, Policies, Exhibitions).
- Implementing partners,
- Extended network of OTEA and GAP projects,
- Those with production, scientific, advisory and other sector services experience and business and (inter)governmental policy perspectives,
- Newcomers to agroecology wanting to get to know the sector,
- Other interested parties.
Participants will build new contacts, find answers to their questions, and have the opportunity to join a global initiative for local, regional, and national benefit.
Call for Abstracts: the submission deadline is April 30, 2019.
For more information about the conference and to register, please visit: https://www.agroecologyconference.eoai-africa.org/