2nd International Symposium on Agroecology: Call for Successful Experiences in Scaling-Up Agroecology
FAO is organizing the 2nd International Symposium on Agroecology, which will take place in April 2018.
As one part of the Symposium, FAO will select and showcase 12 successful experiences in agroecology in action that can be scaled up and out. Scaling out refers to the outward reach of farmers, the farmer-to-farmer transmission of knowledge that pulls more farmers and more land into agroecology, while scaling up involves creating an enabling framework for farmers to achieve this.
The 12 cases will be presented by speakers during a session of the International Symposium, for approximately 10 minutes per presentation.
If you’d like to be considered for selection please complete the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/a7KM4szLqH4wSyCj2. Please note that the deadline to submit proposals is the 13th of November.
What are the selection criteria?
The selection of cases will be based on the following criteria:
- Contribution made to scale-up agroecology
- Potential to be replicated and further scaled-up/out
- Addresses each of the three pillars of sustainability (social environmental and economic)
- Regional balance will be ensured
- For each region, case studies involving governmental and non-governmental initiatives will be included
- All the cases need to be based either on policy or practices
- The case shows a strong potential to contribute to the SDGs
Other ways to take part
If your experience is not selected to be presented during this session, you can still contribute to the 2nd International Symposium by sharing a poster to be displayed during the event. You can also attend the meeting as a participant.