World Experts On Agroecology Form the Jury of Future Policy Award 2018
The World Future Council, the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN (FAO) and IFOAM - Organics International have announced the names of experts on the jury of the Future Policy Award 2018. The Award celebrates the world’s best policies scaling up agroecology.
Renowned representatives of international organisations, academia, civil society and farmers organisations, foundations, and the private sector have agreed to serve on the jury.
Among them are the following experts:
- Prof. Dr. Braulio Ferreira de Souza Dias, Chairperson of the 2nd International Symposium on Agroecology of the UN FAO;
- Prof. Dr. Olivier de Schutter, Co-Chair of IPES-Food and former UN Rapporteur on the Right to Food;
- Prof. Dr. Vandana Shiva, World Future Councillor and Founder of Navdanya International;
- Helmy Abouleish, the President of Demeter International, CEO of SEKEM Group and World Future Councillor;
- Prof. Dr. Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger, Senior Director of CISDL and Founding Councillor of the World Future Council;
- Dr. Hans Rudolf Herren, World Board Member of IFOAM – Organics International and President of the Biovision Foundation;
- Dr. Hans Martin Dreyer, Director of the Plant Production and Protection Division in FAO’s Agriculture and Consumer Protection Department;
- Ruth Richardson, Executive Director of the Global Alliance for the Future of Food; as well as
- Eva Torremocha, Responsible for the Sustainable Food Programme, Daniel & Nina Carasso Foundation.
Jury members come from all continents - Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America. Three members are also recipients of the Alternative Nobel Prize.
Alexandra Wandel, Director of the World Future Council, says: “The World Future Council is very honoured and grateful that these world experts on agroecology have agreed to serve on the jury of our Future Policy Award. We look forward to their selection of the world’s best policies for agroecology.”
The jury will be deciding upon the winning policies of the Future Policy Awards 2018 – the best on Earth scaling up agroecology. A shortlist of the winning policies will be published in early September, whilst the winners will be announced and celebrated in October 2018 at the UN FAO Headquarters in Rome.