Join the Organic Academy Community and be part of the solution!
The first residential session of the Organic Leadership Course (OLC) will be held from 24 April to 2 May 2019 in Goesan county, South Korea. This beautiful region, filled with cultural sites and numerous organic farms, has been very supportive of the organic sector in recent years, and is also the home of many of the pioneers of the Korean organic movement. The second residential session will take place in Nanjing, China in September 2019. The home of one of our organic pioneers, Zhou Zejiang, He is currently the President of IFOAM Asia and has been active in the organic movement for over 27 years. Nanjing is also tackling environment issues with innovative ideas - they built the first vertical forest towers in the bustling city which is also the first in China.
Taking this course will grant you the opportunity to develop valuable new skills, understand the fundamentals of organic agriculture and develop new networks with professionals in the organic sector.
- After completion of this course, you will receive your own IFOAM - Organics International Certificate of achievement.
- Become part of Organic Academy's growing network.
- Opportunities to join conferences, workshops, seminars and become a trainer yourself.
- We can proudly say that some participants who joined this course became IFOAM - Organics International team members, World Board members, board members of our regional bodies like IFOAM Asia and IFOAM EU Group, as well as our sector platforms.
- Alumni commenced PhD studies based on the OLC, published books and articles, are taking leading roles in the sector and are contributing to the development of Organic Agriculture through the knowledge, skills and attitude developed in the OLC.
- IFOAM - Organics International, with its 46-year history has a strong worldwide network, insight and access to experts across the sector, including standards, policy, advocacy and capacity development - joining the OLC gives you a close connection to this network and expertise.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Understanding the Organic World
Gain an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of the organic sector and the ability to apply this knowledge at work in promotion, communication, and advocacy.
Develop skills for organizational development, professional project management and the ability to forge strategic alliances for cross-sector collaboration.
Acquire up-to-date knowledge and the appropriate skills to communicate effectively both within and outside of your organization and sector.
Organic Value Chain
Increase your understanding of the organic guarantee system underpinning the organic value chain. This will enhance your ability to drive and support Organic Agriculture and trade development.
Organic Services and Development
Better understand local and global support structures enabling you to strengthen the sector as a whole, and lead effective decision-making processes to achieve long-term sustainable development.
1st residential face-to-face session (F2F1): 24.04.19 - 2.05.19 Goesan, South Korea (8 days)
8 online learning sessions (webinars): April 2019 - September 2019 (2-3 hours per session)
2nd residential face-to-face session (F2F2): 23 - 27.09.19, Nanjing, China
- Commit a total of 25 days to the course
- Attendance of two residential modules in Goesan, South Korea and in Nanjing, China
- Attendance of 8 online learning sessions (webinars)
- Preparation of a country or thematic report and a presentation
- Development of an action plan for a concrete project to be started upon completion of the OLC
- A Public contribution - for example, a conference paper, interview or panel participation
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
Tuition Fees: Euro 2400 – this includes the tuition for both residential sessions as well as the webinars, all materials, conference lunches, refreshments, and study visits. Accommodation and board (twin sharing) are included in your 14 nights' stay.
The fees exclude travel to and from the training venue.
Tuition scholarships will be also be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Submit a statement of motivation, a letter of support from your employer and complete the application form available here, no later than 15 March 2019. Your application will be evaluated as soon as you apply, and you will be informed of the result by no later than 1 April 2019. The maximum number of participants is 16.
Our Regional Partner:
The Government of Goesan County