With thousands of participants from 81 countries, the 18th Organic World Congress (OWC) in Istanbul in October brought together farmers, scientists and organic leaders to share developments from their fields, labs and libraries and to inspire new ways to practice and promote organic agriculture.
The OWC brought home the message that embracing organic practices is key to enabling food security. The Declaration from the OWC contains further insights.
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to...
...our conference co-organizers, the Buğday Association for Supporting Ecological Living.
...our exceptional keynote speakers:
- Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo – Executive Director of the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa
- Kathleen Merrigan – Former US Deputy Secretary of Agriculture
- Christian Felber – Initiator of the "Economy for the Common Good" and author of 50 Suggestions for a Fairer World
- Elisabeth Atangana – FAO Special Ambassador for Cooperatives and President of the Sub-regional Platform of Peasant Organizations of Central Africa (PROPAC)
- Anna Lappé – Co-founder of the Small Planet Institute and author of Diet for a Hot Planet
- Pat Mooney – Co-founder of the ETC Group and Alternative Nobel Prize Laureate
- Will Allen – Founder and CEO of Growing Power and author of The Good Food Revolution
- Lyonpo Yeshey Dorji – Bhutanese Minister of Agriculture and Forests
- Raşit Pertev – Secretary of IFAD
...and all others who attended and shared their wealth of knowledge and insight with us!
Please see our Facebook page for pictures and stay tuned for further coverage of the conference.