Following the continued success of our European, Asian and Latin American courses, IFOAM - Organics International has launched the first African course in 2016.
WHAT WE COVER IN THE COURSE
Understanding the Organic World
Gain an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of the organic sector and the ability to apply this knowledge at work in promotion, communication and advocacy.
Develop skills for organizational development, professional project management and the ability to forge strategic alliances for cross-sector collaboration.
Acquire up-to-date knowledge and the appropriate skills to communicate effectively both within and outside of your organization and sector.
Organic Value Chain
Increase your understanding of the organic guarantee system underpinning the organic value chain. This will enhance your ability to drive and support Organic Agriculture and trade development.
Organic Services and Development
Better understand local and global support structures enabling you to strengthen the sector as a whole and lead effective decision-making processes to achieve long-term sustainable development.
10 online learning sessions (webinars): June 2016 - February 2017 (3 h per session)
First residential face-to-face session (F2F1): 24 - 31 January 2016, Tanzania
Second residential face-to-face session (F2F2): 23 - 29 October 2016, Uganda
EXPECTATIONS DURING THE COURSE
- Commit a total of 25 days to the course
- Attendance of two residential modules in the Tanzania and Uganda
- Attendance of 10 online learning sessions (webinars)
- Preparation of a country or thematic report and a presentation
- Development of an action plan for a concrete project to be started upon completion of the OLC
- Public contribution, for example conference paper, interview or panel participation