The world needs organic leadership now more than ever
Join the Organic Academy Community and be part of the solution!
The first residential session of the Organic Leadership Course will be held from 22 June to 29 June 2019 in Trakai, Lithuania. This beautiful region, filled with cultural sites and local charm, will give everyone the opportunity to visit organic farms and experience the emerging organic movement in Lithuania. The second residential session will take place near Nürnberg, Germany in mid-February 2020. This city is known for its innovative and sustainable forward thinking and dubbed the greenest city in Germany. It is also the home of Biofach, the biggest organic trade fair in the world. The course will conclude at the opening of the fair and participants will have the chance to experience it for one day.
- After completion of this course, you will receive your own IFOAM - Organics International Certificate of achievement.
- Become part of Organic Academy's growing network.
- Opportunities to join conferences, workshops, seminars and become a trainer yourself.
- We can proudly say that some participants who joined this course became IFOAM - Organics International team members, World Board members, board members of our regional bodies like IFOAM Asia and IFOAM EU Group, as well as our sector platforms.
- Alumni commenced PhD studies based on the OLC, published books and articles, are taking leading roles in the sector and are contributing to the development of Organic Agriculture through the knowledge, skills and attitude developed in the OLC.
- IFOAM - Organics International, with its 46-year history has a strong worldwide network, insight and access to experts across the sector, including standards, policy, advocacy and capacity development - joining the OLC gives you a close connection to this network and expertise.
What will you learn?
Understanding the Organic World
Gain an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of the organic sector and the ability to apply this knowledge at work in promotion, communication, and advocacy.
Develop skills for organizational development, professional project management and the ability to forge strategic alliances for cross-sector collaboration.
Acquire up-to-date knowledge and the appropriate skills to communicate effectively both within and outside of your organization and sector.
Organic Value Chain
Increase your understanding of the organic guarantee system underpinning the organic value chain. This will enhance your ability to drive and support Organic Agriculture and trade development.
Organic Services and Development
Better understand local and global support structures enabling you to strengthen the sector as a whole, and lead effective decision-making processes to achieve long-term sustainable development.
- 1st residential face-to-face session (F2F1): 22.06.19 - 29.06.19 Trakai, Lithuania (8 days)
- 10 online learning sessions (webinars): June 2019 - February 2020 (2-3 hours per session)
- 2nd residential face-to-face session (F2F2): Mid-February 2020, Germany (1 week prior to Biofach Nürnberg)
- Commit a total of 25 days to the course
- Attendance of two residential modules in Trakai, Lithuania and in Nürnberg, Germany
- Attendance of 10 online learning sessions (webinars)
- Preparation of a country or thematic report and a presentation
- Development of an action plan for a concrete project to be started upon completion of the OLC
- A Public contribution - for example, a conference paper, interview or panel participation
Meet your trainers
Konrad Hauptfleisch Kristin Karlsson Eric Gall
What are the fees?
Tuition Fees: Euro 1850 – this includes the tuition for both residential sessions as well as the webinars, all materials, conference lunches, refreshments, and study visits. It also includes one day's entrance to Biofach Nürnberg 2019.
Accommodation and Board (twin sharing): Euro 1250 - This includes 14 nights' accommodation, breakfast, and dinner. You may choose to arrange your own accommodation.
The fees exclude travel to and from the training venue.
Thanks to the generous support of our local sponsors and partners, the Academy will be able to offer scholarships for tuition. These scholarships will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Submit a statement of motivation, a letter of support from your employer and complete the application form available here, no later than 9 April 2019. Your application will be evaluated as soon as you apply, and you will be informed of the result by no later than 1 May 2019. The maximum number of participants is 26.
Our Regional Partner:
Our Lead Sponsor:
and supporting sponsors: