IFOAM - ORGANICS INTERNATIONAL LAUNCHEd THE NEXT ORGANIC LEADERSHIP COURSE (2017/18) IN INDIA
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE COURSE?
The first residential session was held from October 28th until November 9th, 2017 in India. It took place at the Biodynamic Agriculture School in Nainital, in the state of Uttarakhand, India. This training center is located on an apple orchard and gave everyone the opportunity to visit local biodynamic farms in the neighboring village. Participants had the chance to not only attend the OLC, but had the opportunity to take part in the Organic World Congress (OWC)*. This was a rare opportunity, which gave everyone a great insight into the organic world and see where knowledge and expertise are shared between international organic stakeholders.
WHAT WE COVER IN THE COURSE?
Understanding the Organic World
Gain an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of the organic sector and the ability to apply this knowledge at work in promotion, communication and advocacy.
Develop skills for organizational development, professional project management and the ability to forge strategic alliances for cross-sector collaboration.
Acquire up-to-date knowledge and the appropriate skills to communicate effectively both within and outside of your organization and sector.
Increase your understanding of the organic guarantee system underpinning the organic value chain. This will enhance your ability to drive and support Organic Agriculture and trade development.
Organic Services and Development
Better understand local and global support structures enabling you to strengthen the sector as a whole, and lead effective decision-making processes to achieve long-term sustainable development.
- First residential face-to-face session (F2F1): 28 Oct - 7 Nov 2017, Uttarakhand State, India (8 days)
- 10 online learning sessions (Go-to-Meeting webinars): Oct 2017 - Oct 2018 (3 hours per session)
- Second residential face-to-face session (F2F2): Aug - 2018, Kerala State, India (5 days)
REQUIREMENTS OF THE COURSE
- Commit a total of 25 days to the course
- Attendance of two residential modules in India
- Attendance of 10 online learning sessions (webinars)
- Preparation of a country or thematic report and a presentation
- Development of an action plan for a concrete project to be started upon completion of the OLC
- Public contribution, for example conference paper, interview or panel participation
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
Euro 1800 – this includes the tuition for both residential sessions as well as the webinars, all materials, accommodation (twin sharing), meals, refreshments and study visits. The fee excludes travel to and from the training venue.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Submit a statement of motivation, a letter of support from your employer and complete the application form is now closed.
Thanks to our collaboration with and support from local sponsors and partners, the Academy will be able to offer scholarships. These scholarships will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
*All participants will be responsible to pay all expenses/accommodations during the Organic World Congress (OWC). Only the registration fee will be included in the Organic Leadership Course fee.