"High Sequestration, Low Emission, Food Secure Farming"
IFOAM actively lobbyied for Organic Agriculture at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen (COP15) from December 7-18, 2009.
Our activities there included:
* A side event under the title "Bio-sequestration vs. geo-sequestration (CCS) - Organic solutions to Climate Change and Food security" was held jointly with the World Future Council on Thursday, December 17. Due to the lockout imposed on observer organisations at the Bella Center, the event took place at the Action Aid Denmark head office in central Copenhagen.
* A press conference on High Sequestration, Low Emission, Food Secure Organic Farming was held on Tuesday, December 15.
* The Roundtable on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change, convened by FiBL, met for the first time on December 16.
* Throughout the conference, IFOAM was running a stand in the exhibition area, to provide a meeting point and a place for sharing information - specifically, our new set of publications - the IFOAM Guide on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change,the African Case Studies on Adaptation and the Collected Case Studies on Mitigation.
* In addition, the team of experts assembled by IFOAM for COP15 has provided policy advice to delegates at the conference on how to integrate Organic Agriculture into national action plans.
We reported daily from the conference with short video updates and news posts.
Day 10: IFOAM's Side Event: