Voting Members of IFOAM – Organics International are invited to submit motions addressing the challenges facing the global organic sector.
Submit your Motion
Motions should be guided by the following questions:
- What should IFOAM – Organics International achieve over the next three-year term?
- What should be on the agenda?
Motions should aim to ensure organic development by addressing important policy issues, our long-term strategy or positions of IFOAM – Organics International. They should be consistent with — and contribute to developing — our mission, goals, and GA-approved landmarks like Organic 3.0.
Your motion submission should include:
- A clear statement of the proposed motion. This should be phrased as an assertion rather than a question, address one topic only, and stay under 500 characters. The motion statement should also propose an activity and body to implement the motion (e.g. World Board, Committees, etc).
- A rationale of max. 1,000 characters detailing the motive behind your proposed motion.
Please submit your motion to Thomas Cierpka at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2021.
- Example of a Motion submission
- General Assembly Rules of Procedure
- How does our General Assembly function?
- Preliminary Summary Report on the Implementation of the 2017 Motions
Watch this video for more information on Motions and the submission process:
Uygun Aksoy and Michel Reynaud, this term’s Internal Auditors tasked with supervising the implementation of the 2017 GA motions, kindly remind us: “as motion implementation requires staff resources and a budget, the Internal Auditors recommend to present precise motions that do not contribute to endless and unrealistic wish lists.”
One day before the GA kicks off, our voting members meet for the Motion Bazaar. It is a great opportunity to prepare for the GA, as members can discuss and exchange on proposed Motions in an informal setting.
What else happens at the Motion Bazaar?
- You can propose friendly amendments to be considered by the motion-maker before they present it at the GA.
- World Board candidates are present to answer questions ahead of the election.
- Organizations bidding to host the OWC present their bids.
- IFOAM – Organics International World Board Members and managers share insights on their work.
- Self-organized Structures (SoS) are invited to present their work.
- The Internal Auditors are also present.
The Motion Bazaar will take place after the OWC closing ceremony in Rennes, France, on September 10, 2021, from 4 to 6 pm.