INOFO (Intercontinental Network of Organic Farmers Organizations) as member of Farmers Forum (FAFO) Steering Committees, global and regional, is engaged together with the other farmers organizations, in the planning of the IFAD Regional Farmers’ Forum (FAFO) that will take place in each region from October 2022 till March 2023.
The Farmers’ Forum cements IFAD’s strong partnership with producers and farmers’ organizations around the world, through an inclusive bottom-up platform.
This year, the decentralized farmers’ forum meetings will take place in different regions around the world with the aim of strengthening impact at country level.
The Farmers’ Forum (FAFO) is an ongoing, bottom-up process of consultation and dialogue between organisations of small-scale farmers and rural producers (collectively known as farmers’ organisations), IFAD and governments, focused on agricultural and rural development and poverty reduction. The Forum brings together farmers' leaders from around the world, representing millions of smallholders and rural producers who interact with IFAD and partner institutions.
The current members of the Farmers’ Forum Steering Committee are:
- Asian Farmers’ Association (AFA)
- Coordination of Family Farms of MERCOSUR (COPROFAM)
- INOFO • La Via Campesina (LVC)
- PanAfrican Farmers Organization (PAFO)
- ROPPA • World Forum of Fish Harvesters and Fish Workers (WFF)
- World Forum of Fisher Peoples (WFFP)
- World Farmers’ Organization (WFO)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)