Every three years, our emblematic Organic World Congress (OWC) is held in conjunction with our General Assembly, involving thousands of organic farmers, producers, researchers, advocates and policy experts from around the world. By rotating across countries, the OWC brings global visibility to the host country.
In light of recent developments around covid-19, the organizing committee has decided to postpone the Organic World Congress to September 8-10, 2021 (pre-conferences to take place September 6 and 7). We are grateful for the unwavering support from our international, national and local partners and are confident that this is the right decision for all involved.
We will adjust our messages to build on the heightened public awareness of the need for a paradigm shift: Questions around resilience, societal transformation, ecosystem regeneration, health and food sovereignty are more important than ever and we will address these under the event’s tagline - ‘From its roots, organic inspires life.’ Our ambition remains to offer a truly global and diverse space that inspires positive change through knowledge exchange, learning and the formulation of sustainable solutions, for a better tomorrow for all.
If you are a speaker, contributor, pre-conference organiser, sponsor, or if you have already registered to attend the event, we will shortly be in touch to clarify what the postponement means for you. The event website will continue being the central place for updates on the event and information on registration, reimbursement, program etc. will be published in due course. If you have not yet signed up for our event mailing list, you can do so here.
We thank you for your understanding and support, and look forward to welcoming you in Rennes.
Until then, stay healthy and take care,
The Organizers of the Organic World Congress 2021
IFOAM – Organics International’s General Assembly voted for Rennes, France to host the 20th OWC, now taking place from 6-10 September 2021. The OWC aims to provide organic and likeminded stakeholders working toward sustainable agriculture, value chains, and consumption with an opportunity to trade knowledge, innovations, and experiences about the organic world. The congress offers inspiration and momentum to all who take part and is seen as a leading event for the global organic sector.
Key Priorities and Messages:
- Innovation can be used to stimulate farmer conversion to organic – increase nutritional revenues from fields while maintaining ecosystem vigor;
- Organic systems are tied to the living soil and should be enhanced to preserve and develop biodiversity as well as plant and animal integrity;
- The organic agriculture movement inspires healthy food systems and a culture of sustainability;
- Organic agriculture is forward-looking and achieves innovation through the melding of tradition and science;
- Organic agriculture serves as an inspiration for the transformational changes needed within the agricultural sector;
- Organic agriculture works and positions itself as an agent of change. It is time to scale up and harness the benefits reaped from regenerative (sustainable) ways of farming;
- The OWC2021 is solution-oriented and will seek to offer alternatives to global challenge and maximize positive impacts on people and the planet. Its tonality is pragmatic, friendly, positive, and collaborative;
- Organic Agriculture as a tool for responsible development.