IFOAM - Organics International at the 7th Urgenci International Symposium
From the 9th to the 11th of November, IFOAM – Organics International attended the 7th URGENCI International Symposium & 4th European Meeting in Thessaloniki.
Around 300 people attended this energetic event to discuss and exchange about solidarity economy initiatives, sustainable food systems and food sovereignty.
IFOAM – Organics International organized a panel discussion on how Participatory Guarantee Systems contributes to build alternative food systems.
Our panel was composed of:
- Joy Daniel (Institute for Integrated Rural Development), India
- Joel Orchard (Future Feeders Movement), Australia
- Christophe Nothomb (GASAP), Belgium
- Annie de Temmerman – Mellouki (Réseau des Initiatives Agroécologiques au Maroc), Morocco
- Ceyhan Temürcü (Doğal Besin, Bilinçli Beslenme), Turkey
There is great interest among the CSA movements, which represents over half a million of consumers and producers, in exploring how PGS can be adopted within Community Supported Agriculture initiatives to develop a formalized system that allows them to ensure the continuous improvement of agriculture and socio-economic practices.
Our project EATingCRAFT, carried out in collaboration with URGENCI and other international partners is – among other activities – researching and showcasing example of synergies between PGS and CSA.
To learn more please contact: Federica Varini, Project Coordinator, f.varini [at] ifoam.bio