The Regenerative Agriculture Foundation Course 2019
Join the regenerative agriculture community and strengthen your own knowledge and understanding!
Co-create with a network of peers. Share with and learn from expert trainers in the field of regenerative and organic agriculture development. Gain an understanding of the concepts and complexities of truly sustainable regenerative practice.
What will you learn?
• History, definition and principles of regenerative agriculture
• Regenerative agriculture practice
• Integrated farming, cropping and livestock.
• Farm design and management
• Farm to Fork: market and food systems
• Support networks and structures
• Regenerative agriculture in the world of regulation and policy
When and where is it?
The course is held at the beautiful 42 Acre Retreat in Somerset, England. This venue is ideally suited for this kind of training, with excellent facilities, a peaceful and enabling environment and highly qualified support staff to make the event a most enjoyable and worthwhile learning experience.
You should arrive at 14:00 on Monday, 4 February 2019 and the work sessions will end at 12:00 on Friday, 8 February 2019.
Meet your trainers
Konrad Hauptfleisch is the Head of Capacity Development at IFOAM - Organics International, and has managed the Organic Academy since 2012. He brings 20 years of experience in management, facilitation,training and grassroots sector development.
Ailbhe Gerrard is a farmer with certified organic enterprises, and an educator with a deep interest in farming as a holistic, regenerative activity. She teaches at the Gurteen Agricultural College and has an MSc degree in Organic Farming and Environment and Sustainable Development.
How will it work?
• Join the residential session in February 2019.
• Develop insight through highly participatory sessions;
• Visit inspirational farms and operations in the beautiful Somerset region around 42 Acre Farm;
• Attend 2 follow-up webinars, deepening your knowledge.
Cost and facilities:
•Tuition fees are €550.00 p/person. This includes all training sessions, webinar follow-up, materials, and excursion costs; Accommodation (including all meals and refreshments) is offered at 3 levels:
- Double room with private en-suite bathroom at €420.00
- Twin shared with en-suite bathroom at €350.00
- Twin shared bedroom/dormitories with shared bathrooms at €270.00
You are responsible for your own travel costs to and from the venue.
We offer limited partial scholarships on a case-by-case basis.
How do I apply?
Do you want to register for this course? Click here for our online application.
Applications close on 2 December 2018. A maximum of 26 participants will be selected from a shortlisted group. We will conduct Skype interviews with the shortlisted candidates, and you will be notified no later than 23 December 2019.
We thank our partner, 42 Acres Retreat in Somerset, for their support!
For more on 42 Acres Retreat, check them out at