The toolkit is composed of a series of tools, including:
- A main report, the "Guidelines for public support to organic agriculture": these guidelines make the cornerstone of the toolkit and present the fullest possible compilation of facts, arguments and tips of the full panel of policy measures that can be conceived to support organic agriculture. Most of the sections of this main report are also broken down into separate documents, for easier download and use. The report is targeted to policy makers and policy advocates. IFOAM-Organics International also developed a special Sub-Saharan African version of the main report, which focuses on the information most relevant in the context of Sub-Sarahan African countries. You can access this Sub-Saharan African version here.
- A decision-aid to guide the user towards most relevant policy measures depending on his/her country situation. This tool is targeted to policy makers and policy advocates.
- Model power point presentations (see below) for advocacy on pro-organic policy measures. The power points are presented on the IFOAM-OI format, but users are encouraged to copy the content they find useful onto their own formats, and adjust it according to their needs. These power points are primarily targeted to policy advocates.
- Policy Summaries (see below) on various topics covered in the main report, practical to share with policy makers and carry to meetings on specific topics.
- A paper with Tips for organic advocates on "How to raise political awareness of the need for support to organic agriculture". This paper is targeted to policy advocates.
- The policy template for countries with an emerging organic sector.
- A paper on Full Cost Accounting.
- Other elements accessible through links in the main report or its broken down sections.
Parts of the toolkit are available in Spanish and French. You can find single documents below.
Detailed toolkit content:
- Read the full main report "Guidelines for public support to organic agriculture" here, or its African version here.
- Download the General overview Power Point Presentation "Why and how should policy makers support organic agriculture" (37 slides) here, also available in Spanish here.
Access the broken-down sections of the Guidelines, and their corresponding PPT, policy summaries and other tools in the sections below:
Caution: the template should not be used without having read section IV of the main report above!
The production of the Global Policy Toolkit on Public Support to Organic Agriculture was supported by: